Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Autumn has arrived

Autumn has finally arrived..... I have to say that this is my favorite time of year. I just love watching all of the trees as the leaves turn beautiful warm colors. The crisp air feels so refreshing on your cheeks, and the smell of woodsmoke as the first fire is burning reminds me of home in the country. I have been watching my squirrel friends in the backyard as they scurry by with goodies they have found. They have decided to make a birdhouse we have placed up high in a tree their home. I too have been getting my home warm and cozy. Decorating is a love of mine, I've sprinkled a touch of fall throughout the house with garlands, pumpkins, and great candles of spiced pumpkin and mulling spices. I truly believe that the environment around us plays an important part of what kind of mood we're in. So all it takes is a little time and alot of creativity to make your home a wonderful place to be. Until the next time "Happy Nesting"
Joanee
"Octobers' Party"
October gave a party; The leaves by hundreds came-The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples, And leaves of every name. The Sunshine spread a carpet, And everything was grand, Miss Weather led the dancing, Professor Wind the band.- George Cooper-









No comments: