Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring is here!

SPRING HAS SPRUNG What a refreshing time of year. I love how nature wakes up after a long winters nap. My backyard is starting to come alive again! My flowers are blooming and are so beautiful. I love to watch the birds as they splash in the birdbath or nestle down in the warm dirt for a "dirt bath". My husband and I have been researching on how to attract butterflies and different types of birds to the yard, and so far it is working. We have planted flowers that attract birds, honey bees, and butterflies and have been serving different kinds of seeds and goodies in the bird feeders. I am getting familiar with my new camera and am having so much fun trying to capture all this activity. Gardening is a love of mine and it has been so enjoyable sharing it with my family.

OUR FIRST BUTTERFLY



MY HUSBAND, CHUCK HOLDING THE BUTTERFLY

I also have planted herbs in my raised herb garden. I am growing Oregano, Sweet Basil, Cilantro, Rosemary, Chives, Garlic, Mint and of course French Lavender. I found these cute little name stakes and gave them a touch of cream paint with little brown to make them look weathered. I am going to harvest and dry more herbs this year as it is wonderful to cook with them. If our tomato plants do good we will have all the ingredients to make homemade SALSA!


If you also love the outdoors then why not enlarge your living space and create a backyard that you can enjoy. Gardening is relaxing, it's fun and it's good for your SOUL. Until next time.........

"HAPPY GARDENING"

The kiss of the sun for pardon,

The song of the birds for mirth,

One is nearer God's heart in a garden

Than anywhere else on earth.

-Dorothy Francis Gurney, " Garden Thoughts"

1 comment:

Country Nest said...

stI love your post! Your pictures are great Joanee!